Thursday, February 26, 2009

Manifestation

Life has been a bit of a blur since I last dropped in to this space. I've been noticing that my life seems to proceed with incredible velocity and intensity. The key word being velocity - it has speed AND direction. I also notice that it in order for my life not to move in mindless circles I must give it my attention. I feel as though I'm in the still centre of the storm as long as I do two things: 1) pay attention to what is going on inside of me, honoring the impulses and information that appear as emotions, physical sensations as well as the nudges of intuition and 2) keep my destination alive in my mind.

Although my manifestations, my creations if you will, might happen in seemingly convoluted ways, as long as I continue to do those two things they appear. At first I thought I was just lucky and then I realized that its more than that. I also realized that there was more to it than wishing and hoping. Mirco-managing doesn't work that well either. It seems when I do that, I'm more focused on my fear of might go wrong if I loosen my grip ... and guess what shows up? Exactly the stuff that I wanted to avoid! "Energy flows where attention" goes is truly a law of the universe.

I've started to pay attention to what I already know instinctively, looking for a way to express it and play more mindfully with it. Holding a vision is perhaps the hardest part for me. I tend to crowd the vision with my fears and limitations. I forget about the potential and possibility that comes with our highest nature. I believe we are spiritual beings expressing in a physical universe. Limitless potential is our birthright. Our possibilities are endless. And we seem to have amnesia about this! Once we begin to remember then the world becomes a much more magical place. We feel don't feel as though we are at the mercy of external events. We cease to be victims of what is going on "out there".

Children know this instinctively. Before we strip them of their joy, replacing it with fear and inadequacy - they inhabit a world that feels safe and abundant. Its not long until they become infected with our fears. I want to inoculate my children with hope. I want to help them to be immune to a worldview that robs them of their birthright - limitless potential. And it starts with me.

I have to be willing to face my own fears head on. I have to be willing to say "not my kids". I have to be willing to pay attention and to stay present when there is chaos in my own body and in the world at large. I have to trust myself and give them the space to do the same.

So back to manifestation and in the particular, the creation of something different for my children. I am the one who has the capacity to be the guardian of the vision of their potential. Its up to me to be willing to discover who I must become in order to do that ... and its a living breathing process of paying attention.

Although I can pay attention on my own, I know that the process becomes much more powerful when I am public about it and when I involve other people who share the same intention to participate in some way. With that in mind, last week I sent out an invitation to others who interact regularly with children - either as parents, grandparents or in the community, to participate in a book project that I believe will offer a whole new paradigm for "parenting". Using a WEL-Systems perspective as platform for looking at parenting from a whole new vantage point, I believe that we will create something that will be a part of the change I want to give my children.

Its time for new conversations about parenting - ones that aren't about command and control or about strategies to "manage" behavior. I believe the time has come for conversations that are about bigger questions that encourage us to examine our beliefs, values and attitudes about parenting. Questions that create the space for us to consider who we become if we begin to make choices that aren't based on our fears, habits or limited viewpoints that are passed long mindlessly. Questions that allow us to consider, without guilt or judgement, what the legacy we are passing on to our children and then to make a mindful choices, moving forward from there. Questions that allow us to discover that we don't need to fear what we don't know, we just need to step forward and meet it, trusting ourselves as we go. Its time.

The book project is called Parenting: Guardians of the Vision with the subtitle, The Birthright of Potential. Already this creation has called to others and I am finding myself in marvelous company. It has a sense of velocity and intensity behind it and I know that its just the beginning of something much larger than a collective book.

I have also found an editor for Mother Lode - the book. She has already proved to be a compassionate soul with a great sense of humor! I feel like I am in the right hands to guide the thought fragments this space into something larger.

I'm paying attention and I have a destination in mind. Now I'm eager to see how the space between begins to fill in! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - what an exciting new project! It seems like such a natural progression for you. I look forward to hearing and reading more.
B.

Unknown said...

Sounds amazing, filled with exciting energy and abundance.