Wednesday, March 28, 2007

In Living Colour

I LOVE spring!! I remember as a kid that spring was the season for new skipping ropes, fresh sidewalk chalk, new running shoes and the occasional umbrella/raincoat combo. Bikes were dusted off and their tires filled. We would ride like maniacs up and down our street, the streamers on our handles flying. We spent hours diverting the flow from one puddle to another.

Today with the sun shining, the temperature rising and the dog walked, I found myself craving any excuse to get out of the house. So I did what any self respecting girl would do - I went shopping!

Surrounded by every colour imaginable, I left the store with a tropical print bag adorned with sequins and funky wooden beaded handles. The other purchase that made my heart sing was a pair of apple green rain boots with watermelon pink lining. I wanted to skip through the aisles but managed to hold myself in check until I got out the door. I wasn't really fooling anyone though - the sales clerk knew how I felt by my 1000 Watt grin. Tomorrow my son and I are going to test them out in the deep puddles down at the park!


At home, admiring ..and yes ...modelling my purchases to raised eyebrows, I realized that these items, while a huge departure from my "normal" wardrobe actually represent completely the "me" that I have become. Fun, carefree and living in full colour!




No comments: