Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Some Things Just Bear Repeating

I hit send on my WELsprings Newletter today with a a great sense of accomplishent. I also hit send on my taxes AND my professional registration today - talk about freeing up both mental and energetic real estate! My professional registration renewal was a big one as I had been wrestling with to continue in physiotherapy or not and since the verdict is in ( See Exploring New Worlds) it felt like the cherry on top of my day. It is a concrete step in the direction of my intention and reflects my committment to what I am creating in my life as the next chapter.

On that note, I wanted to share with you one of the most inspirational quotes that I have ever read. I keep it close and I included an excerpt in my newsletter. Here is a more complete version of the words written by Marianne Williamson in her book, " A Return to Love" and widely known from a speech made by Nelson Mandela:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Some things just bear repeating, don't you agree?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you bella, for letting me know where that quote came from, which I heard last year, and have been trying to figure out where it came from.

Lori Walton said...

I've got this one posted on my wall. It hold so much power in it's words... for me.

Thank you for this reminder of just who I really am!